Dogs

Home Forums Squirrel Hunting Dogs

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  hillbilly stalker 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jharmon
    jharmon
    Keymaster

This Thread ids for discussion of squirrel hunting dogs

gts1953
    Participant

Taking my 5 month old Mountain Cur pup on his first hunt this weekend. He is showing promise on the backyard squirrels. Knows to start looking when he hears squirrel and trees when he can. He is starting to stay with them when they move into the neighbors trees. Hope he will tree a few, but he will be pretty excited on this first trip, so I am not expecting a lot out of him.

donnie@mtnhome.com
    Participant

Be patient with him and keep takin him huntin and I bet he will turn into a squirrel dog.  Sure is fun huntin with dogs.

FOX FIRE
    Participant

Got a couple fiest dofs I need to be hunt’n hot and heavy, hard to find time tho, guess just have to start make’n time, a good squirrel dog is a blast to hunt with.

gts1953
    Participant

Well it was pretty much what I expected, lots of excited running around. He did hunt hard, we just got in the woods a little late for the best results. I expect him to find some squirrels next time.

donnie@mtnhome.com
    Participant

Gettin ready to load my curs up and head out.  Yesterday didn’t work out so hot.  Only got three, and a wild hog.  Hopefully will be more squirrels today.

hunter716
    Participant

My newest pup i been training to hunt and fetch a squirrels. Now all i need to get her a squirrel to hunt.

hillbilly stalker
    Participant

Here is my Mt. Feist “Hank”,We sure had a lot of fun this year.

hank

hillbilly stalker
    Participant

guess not

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.