Hunt Camp

Home Forums General Discussion Hunt Camp

This topic contains 38 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  mixerman 2 days, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Sarge
    Sarge
    Participant

That old brown dog is good stuff!!!!

Silas
    Silas
    Participant

Hadn’t been hunting for more than about 1 minute and a rodent goes running through the tree branches right in front of me. I shot at it but I missed. Shot one a bit later a little further down the 2-track. A little after 9am things seemed to have gone dormant so I was getting ready to head back towards the truck. All of a sudden I saw a squirrel, then another, then another, then another. Holy Crap, I had struck the Mother Lode. They were rutting like crazy so I started blasting them with the 12 gauge SXS. I eventually put 3 more in the bag to bring the day’s grand total up to 4:

The first one I had shot today was busy building a drey and had a big clump of grassy stuff in it’s mouth:

It is unusual for them to be rutting this late in the season but just look at them swelled up Cowper’s Glands. Their packages were equally enlarged:

Started off lunch with some jalapeno cream cheese poppers with raspberry habanero dipping sauce:

Mixed up some beer batter using PBR:

Fried up a bunch of cod fish:

Teamed it with some onion tater tots:

Finished up with coconut custard pie:

Had some Old Brown Dog Ale and Kostritzer Black Lager but I neglected to take any pictures of them.

Silas
    Silas
    Participant

Went

hunting

today.

I

would

detail

the

hunt

but

the

whole

right

side

of

the

would

get

chopped

off.

Here

is

a

photo:

K22
    Participant

LOL.  Yep.

Silas
    Silas
    Participant

Three:

Tom Hardy
    Participant

Just checking in. crazy squirrel nuts things. Are you around here Sarge?

FOX FIRE
    Participant

Geez, why cant I find that kind of grub after a hunt, all I get is a “bulownee samige”.

Tom Hardy
    Participant

If the WordPress admin would go into the css for this site and find the styles for the <p> tag, (see below), and change the padding from padding:0; to padding-right:10px; that might just might fix it.

html, body, div, span, applet, object, iframe, h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, p, blockquote, pre, a, abbr, acronym, address, big, cite, code, del, dfn, em, font, ins, kbd, q, s, samp, small, strike, strong, sub, sup, tt, var, dl, dt, dd, ol, ul, li, fieldset, form, label, legend, table, caption, tbody, tfoot, thead, tr, th, td {
    border: 0;
    font-family: inherit;
    font-size: 100%;
    font-style: inherit;
    font-weight: inherit;
    margin: 0;
    outline: 0;
    padding: 0;
    vertical-align: baseline;

mixerman
    Participant

hope

they

fix

it

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.